This week we made Cookies in a Jar and Brownies in a Jar. Next week, 14 jars will be given out to Rocky Top staff members. Thank you to all the H5 Grizzlies for assembling these fine gifts.
M&M COOKIES IN A JAR
YIELD: 1 JAR (pint size) To make this in a quart size jar, double the recipe.
These easy, budget-friendly jars make for the perfect holiday gift that everyone will love!
The Best Brownies Ever...in a Jar
(makes one 9X9 pan)
1. Wash, rinse and dry quart (1 litre) canning jar.
2. Layer the ingredients as follows:
2/3 tsp salt
5/8 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
3. Close jar with lid and ring.
4. Decorate the jar, however it tickles your fancy.
5. Copy these recipe instructions (below) and tie to the jar with ribbon:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9X9 baking pan.
2. Pour the contents of the jar into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 3 eggs. Beat until just combined.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.